Coupar Consulting is assisting with hiring an Assistant Designer to join the team at Tucker & Marks.
About the Company:
For 30 years, our mission has been one and the same: To create personalized living environments that our clients are proud to call home. Tucker & Marks focuses on comfortable, luxurious, high-end residential interiors tailored to each individual client. Founded by Suzanne Tucker and Timothy Marks, the San Francisco based firm has grown to be one of the largest of its kind on the West Coast. Their diverse portfolio ranges from country estates to modern urban penthouses, from mountain lodges to coastal getaways. With an elite clientele base, not all projects are represented on the company’s website. Suzanne Tucker heads the firm’s Design Studio, which includes the Design Principals and their teams, while Timothy Marks, as Managing Principal, oversees the business operations. Since its inception, the firm has grown to include the Interior Design Studio, a comprehensive space planning, drafting and production department that is adept at working in a team environment with architects, contractors, landscape architects, custom vendors and artisans, and a Purchasing Department to implement and supervise all production and expediting.
This position will coordinate with Design Principal and Design Team to execute all design decisions, helps finalize design from design development phase through installation phase.
- Attend weekly Design Team meetings.
- General research and shopping for projects as directed by Design Principal and/or Designer.
- Assist Design Principal and/or Designer on preparing for all meetings, set up of drawings and all necessary materials.
- Assist with follow-up meeting procedures: generate and distributing meeting notes, identifying action items.
- Assist with preparation of color and material boards as needed for presentations; liaison with Librarian in ordering materials for boards. Preparation for client presentations as otherwise required.
- Distribution of all relevant correspondence emanating from project(s); preparation of written construction schedules, specifications and material reference books; daily filing of all materials.
- Obtain quotes for standard orders; review for proper lead time, pricing delivery and freight costs; follow-up on information pertinent to specifications and orders.
- Prepares all proposal packages.
- Preparation of all job sheets and proposals including written descriptions of item, verify job sheet information and accuracy, obtains approval from Design Principal. Processes purchase orders and expedites, as needed.
- Get approvals on CFA, finish samples and merchandise from Design Principal and/or follow up with PA and Design Principal and/or Designer on outstanding order issues.
- Responsible for assisting with all day-to-day project management aspects as directed by the Design Principal.
- Responsible for project budget generation and tracking, in coordination with Studio Manager.
- Responsible for overall maintenance, organization and labeling of client carts and materials samples.
- Prepares all schedules, work in progress reports and other reports as required by designers.
- Provide general support to Design Principal and Design Team on executing special assignments.
- Degree in Interior Design
- A minimum of 5 years experience in high-end residential interior design firm
- Excellent customer service and communications skills Proficient in budget tracking and project management
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Team player who works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded
- Prior experience working in an interior design firm