The manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the showroom, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Merchandising Assistance. As a self-starter, you are expected to seek business opportunities and initiatives to improve sales. You must provide outstanding customer service, achieve sales goals, produce monthly sales reports, manage special showroom events, and assist in trade shows when needed. You will need to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and be self-motivating. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated with a desire to succeed. We care about our employees. We have a supportive environment that values trust and respect. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the following:
Has interior design background or furniture manufacturer experience
Is intertwined with the San Francisco Design community
Familiar w/ working to the trade
Willing to travel to our trade shows --- in Las Vegas / North Carolina
We would be offering base salary + commission.
Salary based on talent and experience.
Commission is based on overall shipped orders for the SF showroom.
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results.
- Assist customers in the selection, purchase, and delivery of merchandise.
- Generate new accounts, maintain relationships with current accounts, and create a clientele database.
- Manage monthly finances, budget, and payroll.
- Hire and train showroom assistant staff when needed.
- Merchandise product and showroom following corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate the receiving of Inventory.
- Assist in shipping new samples and manage local showroom inventory.
- Manage and assist trade show set up.
- Plan, coordinate, and host special events in showroom.
- Networking, attend industry social and educational events offered in the design community.
- Oversee compliance of all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Some travel will may be required.
- Skills and Competencies
- To the Trade and Wholesale industry knowledge.
- Outstanding customer service and exceptional follow up.
- Proactive with the ability to prioritize tasks and problem solve.
- Furniture industry and design knowledge.
- Merchandising capabilities.
- Order processing and basic computer skills.
- Word and Excel proficient.
- Manage time wisely, work independently, and be a self-motivating proactive worker.
- Communicate clearly in a concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to
Mark S. Whitehouse at