Join our dynamic sales team and become the face of one of the most reputable San Francisco showrooms
featuring luxury textile, furniture, and lighting design today. As the Outside Sales Representative, you will be our
ultimate, in-studio, de sousa hughes ambassador in Northern California. You are deeply passionate about all
aspects of the interior design profession and model the company’s values of integrity, originality, and the
highest standard of customer service.
An energetic culture with spirited and team-minded employees
Competitive salary and commission
Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
3 weeks of Paid Vacation from the start + 5 extra for every 5 years of employment
Pension plan with 4% company match
- Customer Engagement
• Assist the San Francisco Bay Area design community in sourcing fabrics, wallcoverings, furniture and
lighting for their specific design projects from our vast array of product options.
• Schedule regular product presentations with designers to introduce our latest collections. Our
manufacturers typically launch 2 to 4 collections per calendar year.
• Manage customers' sample libraries with a la carte sampling and/or other sales and marketing tools to
build an optimal and easy to use product library.
• Build strong, meaningful, and genuine relationships with our customers and within the greater design
• Display integrity and a relentless commitment to world class customer service.
• Make a conscious effort to partake in industry events.
• Demonstrate a customer-driven approach in collaboration with the inside sales and support teams.
• Set sales targets at customer level, measure effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Increase our customer base through research and observation, including the use of social media,
exploring leads, and establishing yourself as a prime designer resource.
• Meet or exceed mutually agreed upon annual sales goal.
• Manage and log your sales calls to quantify brand outreach and customer engagement.
• Manage budgeted expense allowance for client entertainment and submit documentation in a timely
• Quarterly review with ownership of territory synopsis, goals and strategic planning for accounts that
require extra monitoring.
- Skills Required
- • Positive, energetic, can-do attitude!
• Passionate about interior design, architecture and/or fashion and luxury goods
• Proven ability to convert leads into clients and achieve and exceed sales goals
• Ability and willingness to travel regularly - locally and in outer territories (multi-day trips)
• Eager to learn and share with others
• The ability to learn fast, and the drive to excel
• Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
• A great deal of common sense, in order to be both efficient and effective with your time.
• Excellent time management and follow-up skills
• College degree and 2 years of work experience in either design, fashion, or relevant industry sales
experience preferred, but not required!
• Respectful, punctual and personable
• Highly proficient with general office software including email, word processing, spreadsheets or
accounting software, video conferencing and social media platforms and be comfortable with learning
new systems quickly. Knowledge of CMS, CRM or project management systems is highly desired as well
as experience working in a team environment with shared document libraries and calendars.
• 2-4 years of interior design industry preferred
• Showroom experience preferred not required
Erik Hughes at