Come join the De Sousa Hughes team! De Sousa Hughes is a luxury interior design showroom at the San Francisco Design Center.
We’re looking for an experienced enthusiastic textile sales team leader. The showroom is a fast-paced dynamic environment showing over 45 companies specializing in textile, furniture, lighting, art and accessories from around the globe. Our curated collection and our emphasis on artisanal products have made De Sousa Hughes a significant resource for the design professional.
Competitive base salary plus commission and full benefits package.
- Proven ability to convert leads into clients and achieve and exceed sales goals, both at the individual and department level.
- Be highly motivated, energetic and have a passion for textiles, interior design and most importantly customer service.
- Be the leader who instills those traits in your team to tackle the day-to-day challenges that arise
- Be a community liaison between the showroom and the design community to listen to the needs of our dedicated clientele
- A clear and articulate communicator, skilled in building strong trustworthy relationships with a selection of diverse clients, vendors and co-workers
- The ability to educate both team members and clients in new product information and procedures and to facilitate smooth transactions and increase productivity
- A great listener who can manage conflict resolution in a diplomatic, calm, positive and blame free atmosphere
- Oversee the general operations of the textile department, which includes the textile library team, to maintain an effective high rate of sample fulfillment to designers
- Oversee the implementation of new product displays in the textile area
- Always be on the look out for ways to improve and streamline our daily operations
- Skills Required
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in a to-the-trade showroom is ideal, and candidates with this background will receive preferential consideration
- To perform this job successfully, an individual needs to be proficient with general office software including email, word processing, spreadsheets or accounting software, video conferencing and social media platforms and be comfortable with learning new systems quickly. Knowledge of CMS, CRM or project management systems is highly desired as well as experience working in a team environment with shared document libraries and calendars
Please submit your cover letter and resume to
De Sousa Hughes at