The Technical Designer is responsible for assisting the Senior Designer with planning and organizing all aspects of the project, including creating, modifying, and releasing drawings in AutoCAD for different lines of custom CPH products, and completing and submitting the necessary paperwork required to help drive sales.
- Work independently to interpret drawings, sketches, scanned images, customer drawings or specifications to accurately create AutoCAD drawings by drafting various CPH custom cabinetry floor plans and elevations, and apply necessary technical details with accuracy, plot drawings, and file on CPH network
- Responsible for cross referencing and accurately making changes between plans and elevations
- Use accepted CPH drawing standards as guidelines, but will regularly need to deviate from standards based on instructions from Designers and/or clients’ needs and special requirements
- Work with Designer to measure job site spaces and add information to current drawings
- Create Excel based factory orders; attend fitting meetings; correct drawings and orders; e-mail order documents to factory; respond to "package queries" generated by the factory
- Utilize CPH specification book to accurately price custom jobs (i.e. cabinetry, hardware, lighting, metal or wood hoods, panels, moldings, accessories, wooden countertops, etc.), which will vary based on client needs and Designer specifications, for initial presentations and contract
- Take delivery of cabinetry ensuring accuracy of delivery as unloaded and help unload cabinetry
- Attend client meetings in showroom and on site with Designer
- Work closely with order processing department in the factory to ensure that the drawings are accurate
- Complete and submit subcontractor PO’s and other required paperwork, when necessary
- Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards
- Review the Operations Schedule weekly and as necessary
- May be responsible for some design elements
- Responsible for ensuring that CPH standards, procedures, and technical details are followed by all parties
- Must work quickly and with accuracy, be highly organized and flexible
- Liaise with clients, general contractor, or representative to ensure understanding for all parties and to execute an efficient installation
- Put the company’s interests first and foremost and to represent it well in daily attire, image, and attitude
- Help cultivate a positive atmosphere and perform as part of a team in the department with the common goal of completing work and meeting all deadlines
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Education and Experience
- 3- 5 years kitchen design and project management experience preferred
- A design related (Associates or Bachelor’s) college degree preferred
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD
- Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and architectural plans; prepare accurate detailed drawings using information from Designers; operate computer using standard drafting software packages, plotters; develop AutoCAD drawings for design projects; maintain complete, readily accessible files and records of drawings, while saving files often and regularly
- Knowledge of hand drafting principles, practices, methods and techniques; basic cabinetry knowledge
- Must be able to quickly and easily adapt to ongoing changes and modifications with designs, based on client needs
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid ability to collaborate with Designers, Project Management, and Technical Design team members
- Basic knowledge of residential construction
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be pro-active with good problem solving skills
- Must be highly organized, flexible/adaptable, and a self–starter
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage numerous projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Must present in a professional and expert manner
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Strong ability to identify problems, analyze information, and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options, solve problems and implement solutions
- Must be able to make decisions and work independently
- Must be willing to travel to local job sites
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Work Environment
- This job operates in a professional showroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. In addition, the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at job sites, which may include fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibrations, and loud noises.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional early and evening work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel to local job sites and for training at Headquarters and/or Factory is required as necessary.
- AAP/EEO Statement
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please submit your resume to
Michelle Richmond at