San Francisco Design Center (SFDC) is the leading interior design and fine home furnishings destination in the West located in SOMA district. An acknowledged industry leader, SFDC is home to 100 showrooms featuring more than 2,000 manufacturers of interior design resources. Work around beauty and inspiring settings every day.
Wired Custom Lighting is seeking a talented Showroom Manager to lead their newly-opened showroom in the San Francisco Design Center.
Wired Custom Lighting Story:
Our family-owned business has been well known for grand installations throughout the gaming, hospitality, nautical and residential markets for decades. Known best for endless customization, we take pride in our high-quality craftsmanship and our unique voice in innovative design. Our makers cut, finish, fine-tune, and assemble our pieces in our Culver City California factory. Starting with our core lines of hundreds of pieces, or something a client has seen or thought of, we then work to create one of a kind pieces or installations. Our showroom teams and our corporate teams will produce quality drawings before we begin any creation. We comb the world for materials such as, fine crystal pieces from the Czech Republic, unique glass parts from Murano, Italy, rare and beautiful rock crystal mined in Brazil, quality metals, paints and plating from all over the Americas. Lighting is our thing, but we also are sculptors, artists, and makers. Screens, objects, doors, flying mobiles, and so many more things that only you can imagine, we can make.
The Showroom Manager will serve as the sole representative of Wired Custom Lighting in the designated territory. This role represents the collection and promotes sales through the effective and efficient servicing of current accounts and generating new leads and sales opportunities through previously untapped designers and markets.
- Provide exceptional service to walk-in clients as well as outreach to area designers
- Deliver presentations, estimates, invoices, and timely follow-up.
- Follow-through from acquisition of sale, design development, production, to delivery and installation interface with the design community
- Collaborate with Senior Management to set sales goals and deliverables.
- Follow market trends and compile data for corporate review.
- Plan and coordinate market outreach including events, marketing, and promotional opportunities.
- Conduct regular financial analysis, prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Sales experience in high-end and to the trade showrooms.
- A firm understanding of customizable products and general capabilities.
- Experience in lighting and familiarity with lighting materials and components a strong plus.
- Highly organized, sales-driven constitution with strong computer skills (PC, Microsoft Office, Salesforce experience preferred)
- Experience with the design market drawing or sketching skills preferred.
- Good attitude and the ability to work with a team
- Ability to interface with designers, architects, and end users interested in learning and career growth
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, a focused planner with high energy
- Natural desire to be an industry “go to” person with a craving for self-improvement and motivation
- Professional image with a high level of business acumen.
Please send your resume to John Saint-Denis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Service Representative
Designer/Distributor of luxury textiles, lighting and furniture, seeks an experienced Client Service Representative professional to join our Showroom in San Francisco, California.
A Client Service Representative’s (C.S.R.’s) job responsibility includes working together with the rest of the San Francisco Showroom team, as well as the corporate client services and operations departments as part of the team to help turn any inquiry into an order, then managing these orders until final shipment. This is provided by maintaining a seamless flow of communication to the clients and sales force on orders and communication of client requests.
- Process and update all orders and reserves. Then pro-actively run reports and utilize these reports to maintain updates on orders and reserves in real time.
- Provide timely follow up. This includes follow up to Sales Associates, Clients, co-workers, and vendors.
- Have full knowledge of the showroom systems (SOS / AS400) along with understanding the administrative functionalities of all lines carried in the showroom.
- Possess clear and informative communication to showroom staff and clientele through phone calls, emails and face to face contact.
- Return phone calls and emails in real time whenever possible and no later than a few hours.
- Provide necessary sales leads to the showroom sales staff in a timely manner.
- Communicate to the client and showroom sales staff when necessary all details needed to ship an order in a timely fashion.
- Take responsibility and proactively manage any client needs on their reserves or orders. When speaking or emailing a client, they should know that you have full knowledge of their order / reserve and be confident that you will manage the resolution of any issues.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- At minimum an Associate’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Experience in a design center or showroom is preferred
- Experience with AS400 or database mainframe systems is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is imperative
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
- Ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills for approaching problems and making decisions
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment with flexibility and resilience
Please send your resume to Teresa Ferrusquia at email@example.com
Georgina Rice & Co. is looking for a smart, creative, and energetic assistant to work in our showroom at the SFDC Galleria. This is a part time position, Monday-Friday, 10 am to 4 pm, with occasional overtime.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Showroom sales and organization
- Assisting other GR&Co. team members with order expediting, pulling memo samples, filing, ordering supplies, errands etc.
- Creating new furniture displays to assure showroom always looks great
- Posting regularly on social media
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Computer (Mac) savvy
- Basic knowledge of fabrics, furnishings, interior design
Our ideal candidate is interested in becoming a long-term member of our organization and potentially moving into a more advanced position.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your résumé.
Address: 101 Henry Adams Street Suite #448 San Francisco, CA 94103
Sales Associate – M.Teixeira Soapstone
San Francisco, CA,
Full – Time Opportunity
M. Teixeira Soapstone was founded in 1998 in Fort Lee, NJ. Our family owned company has branches in the metropolitan areas of New York, San Francisco, Denver, and Washington DC, with plans for further expansion in other key markets. We have been in San Francisco successfully since 2005, where we opened our first branch in Potrero Hill. Our slab warehouse and showroom is still at that location.
Earlier this year, we decided to further expand within San Francisco by opening a showroom in the SFDC Galleria, mainly to target the trade. We are looking for someone who can help with our continuous growth ,by developing new business relationships, and educating clients about our unique product.
- Assist all walk in customers.
- Create estimates for customers who come into the showroom based on client’s drawings .
- Answer, transfer calls and emails.
- Educate customers on soapstone.
- Maintain updated customer information and send daily reports to the main office in NJ.
- Assist Branch Manager at the Potrero Hill location when needed.
- Maintain thorough up-to-date knowledge of all products pricing and local competition.
- Some light bookkeeping as required .
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the Home Design industry
- Experience with Kitchen & Bath Design a plus.
- Experience with Building Stone Industry a plus.
Training will be provided for this opportunity.
Please send your resumes and a brief description of your motivations, skills and why the company should choose you as a new salesperson to email@example.com.
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured, and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.
Phillip Jeffries is looking for an Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco.
Our Sales team is searching for a dynamic Inside Sales Representative to service the San Francisco market in our brand new showroom! The ideal candidate will fit within our corporate culture and be dedicated to GROWING the client base and market shares in the territory. Interior design industry and/or luxury retail sales experience is a plus. This is an incredible and rare opportunity to join a fast paced environment within a rapidly growing team.
Servicing the luxury industry requires a specific set of skills and knowledge therefore the right candidate will be required to have a background and/or education in the interior design industry. Along with this, they will need to be organized, self-disciplined, a high achiever, have a willingness to learn and GROW, and have a PASSION FOR SALES!
If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
This position will report directly to the San Francisco Showroom Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Grow sales in the San Francisco market
- Ensure mastery-level product knowledge
- Assist clients with product selections
- Check stock, pricing and order status for clients
- Become a trusted resource and develop lasting relationships with clientele
- Develop NEW clients unfamiliar with the brand
- Promote sales through new and existing Phillip Jeffries clientele
- Partner with our marketing department to continue the success of our direct marketing programs
- Successfully manage and overcome customer objections
- Be an ambassador and sell the Phillip Jeffries brand
- Schedule product presentations for both new collections as well as existing product
- Present the brand to ensure that it is memorable
- Communicate client reaction and needs via sales software
- Provide world class customer service
- Follow up on all orders and sample requests
- Process payments and deposits
- Respond to all in-person, telephone and e-mail inquiries within a timely manner
- Provide showroom support and work as a part of a team
- Proactively follow up on sample orders, quotes, reserves, and CFA’s
- Prospect for new clients
- Upbeat, energetic, can-do attitude
- Passion for sales
- 3+ years inside sales experience
- Team player
- Self-motivated, self-directed
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding follow up
- Customer-centric mentality
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate (CRM, MS Office)
- Design experience a plus
- BA degree preferred
What’s in it for you:
1. Selected as one of the Best Places to Work in NJ (NJ Biz Magazine – April 2017)
2. Unique culture that includes:
a. Annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
b. Employee-hosted Wow! Fun! Month Parties
c. Annual Holiday Party and Picnic
d. Employee-hosted “PJ Family Dinner”
3. Competitive salary
4. 16 Paid days off (prorated first year)
5. Paid vacation and sick time
6. Medical, dental and vision benefits
7. Flexible Spending Account
8. Retirement Pension Profit Sharing Plan
9. Bonus Program
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jobs@phillipjeffries.com.
We believe every client’s business needs are unique. COUPAR’s focus since our founding over 10 years ago is to innovate the business of design with simple, innovative and scalable solutions that free your creativity. Our team of design and marketing consultants provide brand marketing, and operations and project management to the design industry.
COUPAR currently has openings for a Design Assistants and Operations Assistant.
The Design Assistant role at COUPAR is a key role within our organization. You will be working closely with the team to implement the project design in collaboration with the Principal and Lead/Managing designers. This role assists in all aspects of the design process from sourcing FF&E, developing schedules, processing work orders, developing client presentations, working in AutoCAD and some administrative responsibilities.
- Degree in Interior Design
- Minimum 1-2 years experience within an Interior Design internship or assistant level role
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude with eagerness to grow both professionally and personally
- Demonstrates an understanding of the overall design process
- Highly productive and organized with thorough attention to detail
- Multitasking extraordinaire
- Dependable and punctual
- Effectively communicates with the team and vendors
- Ability to work efficiently, both as a team and independently
- Ability to troubleshoot when faced with roadblocks
- Professional demeanor and sound judgment
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Strong understanding of visual layouts utilizing Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of Studio Webware is a plus
- Having access to a vehicle is a plus
- Maintain all project information in Basecamp with daily updates
- Assist with product sourcing and presentation preparation
- Gather detailed information and quotes for preparation of accurate design proposals
- Create and prepare proposals for client submission
- Assist Associate and Lead Designers with various design and administrative tasks related to all phases of high end interior design from initial planning through to project completion
- Develop and prepare client presentations through the use of Powerpoint
- Develop AutoCAD plans, including but not limited to, floor plans, furniture plans, elevations, sections and reflected ceiling plans
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products and materials available on the market
- Maintain and develop vendor database and accounts
- Assist with sample return and materials library organization
- Assist Design Team with Studio WebWARE/Studio Designer input and tracking
- Organize and maintain client FF&E binders
- Communicate professionally and clearly with clients, reps, vendors and installers
- Maintain excellent organization of project files, samples, and orders
- Track assigned tasks, appointments, and correspondence with detailed follow-through to reach completion
- Coordinate and assist with onsite project installations, which may include picking up and returning supplies, managing supply inventory lists, and creating and managing deinstallation punch list
- Proactively engage in the design process by managing up to Design Associate and Lead Designers
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Resumes without a personalized cover letter will not be considered.)
The subject line should read: Coupar Design Assistant or Operations Assistant – [Your Name]
No phone calls, please.
We are currently seeking a full-time Operations Assistant that supports the COO & CEO to help oversee both teams and ensure that the inner workings of the company is running efficiently and seamlessly. The ideal candidate is inspired by the company’s evolution and passionate about maintaining a creative and productive atmosphere.
- Elevate the company through business development initiatives, performance management and operational efficiency
- Work with the team to analyze opportunities and develop strategies in order to produce effective results
- Managing employee time billing, client invoices and record company and employee transactions using Quickbooks Online
- Field inquiries from potential clients, ensure the CEO, COO and Directors timely and consistent attention to job leads. Use judgment to escalate and prioritize potential clients, current clients above the clutter
- Maintain file and supply organization both in office and online
- Event coordination for client presentations and employee outings
- Provide support to our Studio & Communications teams, as needed
- Draft job descriptions and helping to on-board & off-board employees
- Update employee handbook and office manual
- Research and implement employee benefits, such as healthcare and 401K
- Administrative support for employee reviews, performance and record-keeping
- Work closely with CEOs nanny and family to ensure seamless business / personal schedules are balanced
- Schedule and manage CEO’s business and personal calendar, including staff, client projects, networking meetings and personal appointments
- Maintain consistent communication with internal staff related to CEO’s and COO’s schedules and project expectations. Review tasks on an ongoing basis and proactively provide input regarding scope and feasibility
- Sense of discretion regarding personal information of not only the CEO and COO, but the handling of clientele who are sensitive to their privacy and confidentiality. Working knowledge of standard Non-Disclosure Agreements encouraged
- Prioritize CEO’s workload by use of communication methods, and prepare necessary information for meetings (i.e., emails, portfolios, contracts, time billing information, etc.).
- 1-3 years of experience working in an operations/administrative type role
- Undergraduate degree in relatable field is required
- CA Drivers License with reliable vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shows strong initiative with creative problem solving and analytical thinking
- Highly productive, multi-tasking extraordinaire who is organized with thorough attention to detail
- Positive attitude, dependable, punctual, with professional demeanor and sound judgment
- Ability to work efficiently, both as a team and independently, take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency of Quickbooks Online and Mac systems, and knowledge of Basecamp is a plus
How to Apply
We offer the chance to be an integral part of a growing firm, to implement programs for some of the industry’s most exciting firms, and to work alongside a team of experienced design professionals and marketing strategists. If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(Resumes without a personalized cover letter will not be considered.)
The subject line should read: Coupar Design Assistant or Operations Assistant – [Your Name]
No phone calls, please.
101 Henry Adams Street, Suite 416, San Francisco, CA 94103 | 415.589.7108 | www.couparconsulting.com
Position: Luxury Showroom Design Consultant
Position Reports to: VP of Showrooms
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
With over 70 years as a family owned business, we pride ourselves on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 55+ showrooms and growing across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
Full time highly competitive salary
Monthly monetary incentive programs based on performance
401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
$100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
Partake in many charities and local events
And many more…..
THE POSITION: Luxury Showroom Design Consultant
Help us carry on a third generation family run company, built on customer service
Bring your 3 to 5 year professional experience to a brand that’s expanding nationally
Combine your love of home décor and selling skills to an inclusive team environment
Be proud to work for a company that manufactures it’s products right here in the USA
Communicate differentiating qualities for custom products
Enjoy the autonomy and accountability of being an entrepreneur
Embrace change as well as facilitate it
Go the extra mile every time to surprise and delight customers
Flexible and can work a schedule that includes weekend hours
Appreciate the investment you are making in this company and in return, our investment in you
Offer design wisdom and inspiration while helping customers select the perfect window treatments for their home
Speak comfortably on the functional and stylistic benefits of each of our custom products
Run the day-to-day operations of their showroom
Identify outreach opportunities, including marketing to local interior designers
Host and attend local design events with support from The Shade Store HQ
Cultivate and promote The Shade Store tradition of a positive family atmosphere
Participate in ongoing product/technology training, as well as monthly business meetings
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Positive and friendly demeanor toward every customer and colleague
Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Awareness and interest of the design industry
Excellent computer skills
Self-starter, quick learner, team player
3 to 5 years of experience in either retail, design, sales or customer service
If you are looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT US: We invite you to visit our website and apply at http://www.theshadestore.com/careers
Sales Associate – McGuire
San Francisco, CA
In 1948, John and Elinor McGuire founded McGuire Furniture, a company rich with designs that have found their way into many of the world’s finest residences, including the White House. Our mission at McGuire is to elevate craft to an art form that reflects today’s new definition of luxury, comfort and design.
As a luxury furniture Sales Associate in our flagship San Francisco McGuire Showroom, this would be your unique opportunity to set your mark within our industry and live on the leading edge. The luxury furniture Sales Associate has the primary responsibility of maximizing sales volume by growing existing business, developing new business, and offering the highest quality and service standards in the industry.
Assist all customers as called in rotation.
Create and maintain quotations for customers who come into the showroom or who call for information.
Follow up on all quotations within one week and on a weekly basis.
Provide customers with product information.
Assist the designer’s client when the designer is unavailable.
Assist end users when available or when requested by the manager.
Maintain professional courtesy with associates and customers at all times.
Monitor all open orders from placement to delivery.
Once the product is shipped contact customers to ensure the product and the service are acceptable.
Maintain updated customer information including contact data special interests etc.
Maintain knowledge of all vendor products pricing options finishes details, etc.
Maintain thorough up-to-date knowledge of all products pricing and local competition.
Education & Experience
3-5 years’ experience with luxury retail or furniture sales.
Proven success with driving sales goals and growing your business is required.
Degree in Interior Design or Sales/Business Management is a plus.
Jamie Martin , Showroom Manager
Art Consulting Internship at Kevin Barry Fine Art Associates
Kevin Barry Fine Art Associates is a full-service art consulting company that offers a wide range of services. Our projects vary from large quantity hospitality packages to custom residential artwork. Outside of these ongoing projects, we are also a fully functioning fine art gallery.
Job Description: Our internship opportunity offers the right candidate experience in art consulting and gallery management. Due to our collaborative environment, you would be working with both our creative and administrative team and would report to the VP of Sales and the Director of Sales.
Duties would include:
Assisting art consultants with building art packages such as pulling concept imagery and
coordinating with vendors
Aiding the administrative team with maintaining our art and office inventory
Excelling at customer service from attending to phone calls to greeting and assisting walk-in
Helping maintain the appearance and organization of the gallery
Organizing in-house shipments via FedEx and UPS
Assisting the KBFAA team on an as-needed basis
Experience in Microsoft Office is a must; any additional Photoshop or QuickBooks experience is a
plus but not required
Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain collected in a fast-paced environment;
attention to detail and thoroughness is a must
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and comfortable handling fine art delicately
Self-direction and motivation so that you can work efficiently on your own with moderate
Location and Schedule: We are located in San Francisco’s SOMA district and we are willing to negotiate
your schedule based upon your availability.
How to Apply: Please e-mail a copy of your resume and any additional information you would like to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls about the position.
Admin Assistant for Michael Merrill Design Studio, Inc.
San Francisco, Ca
A San Francisco based high end interior design firm is looking for a motivated Admin Assistant. The firm specializes in designing detail-oriented residential projects in the Bay Area, and has earned a reputation for excellence in creating some of the most prestigious and exquisite spaces. They are looking for someone with strong organizational and communication skills. Their ideal candidate should be professional in appearance and manner, as they will be meeting with various potential clients on a regular basis.
Assists principal with preparation of materials needed for correspondence, appointments, meetings, etc.
Assist principal with entry of his time worked for billing purposes.
Ensure priorities are accomplished and unplanned items are addressed appropriately, proactively follow up on action items and correspondence
Run our pre-existing charitable giving marketing and business development program. Keep track of extremely detailed records
Put together marketing materials for mailing
Complete normal office admin duties such as answering phones, ordering supplies, etc.
Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
Energetic and Strong interpersonal and networking skills
Ability to assemble, organize and maintain detailed records
Exceptional follow up skills
Ability to multi-task
Ability to independently juggle a variety of tasks
Computer skills (MS Office). Graphic design is a plus but not required
Solid grasp on all social media channels
Please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your specific experience and qualifications to email@example.com Local candidates only