The San Francisco Design Center is pleased to announce its partnership with Ronald McDonald House at Stanford (RMH-S) to provide interior design services on their new 52,000 square feet expansion, which will be located adjacent to their current facility. We welcome your participation.
Ronald McDonald House at Stanford provides a home-away-from-home and a supportive community for families of children with life-threatening illnesses receiving specialized treatment at the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. By creating a temporary haven, RMHS allows families the ability to focus on their child’s healing. Because the current house turns away 40 to 50 families each day, RMHS Board of Directors embarked upon a capital campaign in 2013 to build a new facility to meet the urgent need of families – this new expansion will allow them to accommodate all families on their wait list, while also providing services to local and outpatient families. The expansion will increase the number of family rooms from 47 to 123, and upon completion, RMHS will be the largest Ronald McDonald House worldwide. The completion date for the expansion is December 2015.
We need your help in designing the interiors of the new facility and welcome you to join us. Beth Martin of Elizabeth Martin Design and Geoffrey De Sousa of Geoffrey De Sousa Design and co-owner of De Sousa Hughes have graciously agreed to be the Design Co-Chairs of this project, which we have named Where Hope Has a Home. There is a need to design the following:
• 67 Family Guest Rooms with Bathrooms
• Entrance Lobby
• Great Room
• Seating Areas
• Kid’s Room
• Exercise Room
• Multi-Purpose Room
• Dining Room & Kitchen/Storage
• Teen Room/Video Room Preview
• Youth Room
• Toddler Room
• Laundry & Restrooms
• Sitting, Patio & Recreation Areas
If you are interested in participating, please review and agree to the following:
• Submit this form form to Rhonda Hirata no later than January 26, 2015
• Attend the Designer and Participating Sponsor walk-through of the current Ronald McDonald House at Stanford and attend a presentation on the new facility on February 9 or 10, 2015
• Submit design plans and/or story boards by February 16, 2015
• All designs will be approved by the Design Co-Chairs, SFDC, and RMHS; you will receive a room assignment
• If there are more designers submitting plans than there are rooms, a lottery will be held to assign designers to rooms
• You will be notified by February 20, 2015 if you are selected to participate
• RMHS will provide a detailed listing of all requirements and guidelines for resident rooms as well as any requirements of guidelines for the common areas/hallways.
Thank you so much for your consideration of this worthwhile project. As a San Francisco-based design center, we are privileged to partner with RMHS, and look forward to bringing the Bay Area design community together to create a calm and nurturing environment for the thousands of families they will serve in the coming years. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Rhonda Hirata at email@example.com or 415.490.5821.
Ronald McDonald House Stanford – We keep families together from BASIC on Vimeo