San Francisco Design Center (SFDC) is the leading interior design and fine home furnishings destination in the West located in SOMA district. An acknowledged industry leader, SFDC is home to 100 showrooms featuring more than 2,000 manufacturers of interior design resources. Work around beauty and inspiring settings every day.
Sales Associate – McGuire
San Francisco, CA
In 1948, John and Elinor McGuire founded McGuire Furniture, a company rich with designs that have found their way into many of the world’s finest residences, including the White House. Our mission at McGuire is to elevate craft to an art form that reflects today’s new definition of luxury, comfort and design.
As a luxury furniture Sales Associate in our flagship San Francisco McGuire Showroom, this would be your unique opportunity to set your mark within our industry and live on the leading edge. The luxury furniture Sales Associate has the primary responsibility of maximizing sales volume by growing existing business, developing new business, and offering the highest quality and service standards in the industry.
- Assist all customers as called in rotation.
- Create and maintain quotations for customers who come into the showroom or who call for information.
- Follow up on all quotations within one week and on a weekly basis.
- Provide customers with product information.
- Assist the designer’s client when the designer is unavailable.
- Assist end users when available or when requested by the manager.
- Maintain professional courtesy with associates and customers at all times.
- Monitor all open orders from placement to delivery.
- Once the product is shipped contact customers to ensure the product and the service are acceptable.
- Maintain updated customer information including contact data special interests etc.
- Maintain knowledge of all vendor products pricing options finishes details, etc.
- Maintain thorough up-to-date knowledge of all products pricing and local competition.
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with luxury retail or furniture sales.
- Proven success with driving sales goals and growing your business is required.
- Degree in Interior Design or Sales/Business Management is a plus.
Jeremiah Allen, Showroom Manager
San Francisco Design Center
- Strong project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines independently and simultaneously
- Team-focused, deadline-driven, results-oriented, highly organized, resourceful, flexible, and detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, both tactically and strategically
- Excellent follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal resources and external vendors and consultants (graphic designers, publicists, photographers, printers, janitorial, and security vendors)
- Prior social media experience driving traffic, blogging and fostering community interest and development
- Proficiently in MS Office/Word Press/Campaign Monitor
Successfully manage the following marketing initiatives to completion:
- SFDC Website (maintain website events and blog on a daily basis, make web front-and back-end updates as needed). Proficiency in Work Press required.
- Send showroom e-blasts
- Maintain email tenant list in Campaign Monitor
- Send tenant notifications from the Executive Office
- Design San Francisco (print materials coordination and visual displays)
- Fall into Fabrics (print materials and event coordination)
- Designers’ Wednesday (create e-blasts/signage, promote event, ensure high guest count, responsible for catering and janitorial orders)
- Special projects – e.g., showroom events, Luxury Marketing Council events, Design San Francisco, SF Fall Antiques Show, DIFFA, Designer Showcase, and other events/partnerships as necessary throughout the year
- 3D- Definitive Design + Decor (product management)
Perform administrative functions related to the following:
- Committee meetings
- Advertising campaign
Assist VP of Marketing with creation and execution of marketing plan and budget. Report directly to VP of Marketing
Art Consulting Internship at Kevin Barry Fine Art Associates
Kevin Barry Fine Art Associates is a full-service art consulting company that offers a wide range of services. Our projects vary from large quantity hospitality packages to custom residential artwork. Outside of these ongoing projects, we are also a fully functioning fine art gallery.
Job Description: Our internship opportunity offers the right candidate experience in art consulting and gallery management. Due to our collaborative environment, you would be working with both our creative and administrative team and would report to the VP of Sales and the Director of Sales.
Duties would include:
- Assisting art consultants with building art packages such as pulling concept imagery and
coordinating with vendors
- Aiding the administrative team with maintaining our art and office inventory
- Excelling at customer service from attending to phone calls to greeting and assisting walk-in
- Helping maintain the appearance and organization of the gallery
- Organizing in-house shipments via FedEx and UPS
- Assisting the KBFAA team on an as-needed basis
- Experience in Microsoft Office is a must; any additional Photoshop or QuickBooks experience is a
plus but not required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain collected in a fast-paced environment;
attention to detail and thoroughness is a must
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and comfortable handling fine art delicately
- Self-direction and motivation so that you can work efficiently on your own with moderate
Location and Schedule: We are located in San Francisco’s SOMA district and we are willing to negotiate
your schedule based upon your availability.
How to Apply: Please e-mail a copy of your resume and any additional information you would like to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls about the position.
Admin Assistant for Michael Merrill Design Studio, Inc.
San Francisco, Ca
A San Francisco based high end interior design firm is looking for a motivated Admin Assistant. The firm specializes in designing detail-oriented residential projects in the Bay Area, and has earned a reputation for excellence in creating some of the most prestigious and exquisite spaces. They are looking for someone with strong organizational and communication skills. Their ideal candidate should be professional in appearance and manner, as they will be meeting with various potential clients on a regular basis.
- Assists principal with preparation of materials needed for correspondence, appointments, meetings, etc.
- Assist principal with entry of his time worked for billing purposes.
- Ensure priorities are accomplished and unplanned items are addressed appropriately, proactively follow up on action items and correspondence
- Run our pre-existing charitable giving marketing and business development program. Keep track of extremely detailed records
- Put together marketing materials for mailing
- Complete normal office admin duties such as answering phones, ordering supplies, etc.
- Well organized
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Energetic and Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to assemble, organize and maintain detailed records
- Exceptional follow up skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to independently juggle a variety of tasks
- Computer skills (MS Office). Graphic design is a plus but not required
- Solid grasp on all social media channels
Please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your specific experience and qualifications to email@example.com Local candidates only