San Francisco Design Center (SFDC) is the leading interior design and fine home furnishings destination in the West located in SOMA district. An acknowledged industry leader, SFDC is home to 100 showrooms featuring more than 2,000 manufacturers of interior design resources. Work around beauty and inspiring settings every day.
Position: Luxury Showroom Design Consultant
Position Reports to: VP of Showrooms
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
With over 70 years as a family owned business, we pride ourselves on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 55+ showrooms and growing across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Monthly monetary incentive programs based on performance
- Medical Benefits
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: Luxury Showroom Design Consultant
- Help us carry on a third generation family run company, built on customer service
- Bring your 3 to 5 year professional experience to a brand that’s expanding nationally
- Combine your love of home décor and selling skills to an inclusive team environment
- Be proud to work for a company that manufactures its products right here in the USA
- Communicate differentiating qualities for custom products
- Enjoy the autonomy and accountability of being an entrepreneur
- Embrace change as well as facilitate it
- Go the extra mile every time to surprise and delight customers
- Flexible and can work a schedule that includes weekend hours
- Appreciate the investment you are making in this company and in return, our investment in you
- Offer design wisdom and inspiration while helping customers select the perfect window treatments for their home
- Speak comfortably on the functional and stylistic benefits of each of our custom products
- Run the day-to-day operations of their showroom
- Identify outreach opportunities, including marketing to local interior designers
- Host and attend local design events with support from The Shade Store HQ
- Cultivate and promote The Shade Store tradition of a positive family atmosphere
- Participate in ongoing product/technology training, as well as monthly business meetings
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Positive and friendly demeanor toward every customer and colleague
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Awareness and interest of the design industry
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-starter, quick learner, team player
- 3 to 5 years of experience in either retail, design, sales or customer service
If you are looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT US: We invite you to visit our website and apply at http://www.theshadestore.com/careers
An experienced sales person is needed for a high-end, bespoke designer and maker of British made furniture and lighting.
Soane Britain, led by Founder Lulu Lytle, designs and makes exceptionally well-made furniture, upholstery, lighting, fabrics, wallpapers and interior necessities that consistently reward the investment, adding joyful atmosphere to any interior.
Every Soane Britain design is made in Britain in small workshops that excel in traditional crafts, such as iron forging, rattan weaving, chair making, precision engineering and saddlery.
Soane Britain’s client list includes international interior designers, decorators and architects with Soane Britain’s designs found in many important private houses, chalets and yachts around the world as well as hotels, restaurants, member’s clubs, boardrooms and retail spaces.
Soane’s West Coast Studio, located in the San Francisco Design Center, looks after an established portfolio of trade-only designers and architects on the West Coast (including Los Angeles), as well as welcoming new clients in these markets.
The purpose of the position is to deliver annual revenue targets by building deep and trusting relationships with your clients, new and old. You will also be a senior member of the US team and will therefore act as a brand ambassador for the company.
- Inside sales with outside appointments (3-5 per week plus regular trips to LA and other West Coast markets)
- 3 years + proven success selling to trade clients, ideally with a background in high-end furniture and/or lighting
- An established client base in this market would be an advantage
- A passion for building “trusted advisor” relationships with your clients, offering innovative product solutions and dealing proactively with all parts of the sales and delivery process
- You will be able to coach, manage and lead our Fabric Sales Associate
- Opportunity to build collaborative relationships with your colleagues in New York and London
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with superb administrative and time management skills required
- Opportunity to attend networking/trade events to strengthen your network
- Knowledge of or interest in architecture, art history or furniture design an advantage
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree
- Must hold a driving licence and passport (travel to the UK will be required once a year)
Salary and Compensation
Compensation is a competitive base salary and commission. Soane offers a generous British holiday allowance. Employee benefits include a simple IRA and medical insurance.
Please send a cover letter in an email with your resume attached as a PDF to Holly Sharpe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No phone calls or drop offs please.
Interior Design Sales Associate
Waterworks – inspiring great designs, and great people
The Waterworks Furnishings Sales Associate is charged with selling the complete bath within the showroom with a focus on furnishings products. The Sales Associate will provide the excellent customer service Waterworks clients expect from our brand. Sales Associates are accountable for meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals through educating the showroom and clients on the furnishing products, driving marketing outreach, and building key relationships.
As a Waterworks brand ambassador, the Sales Associate models the Waterworks values of professionalism, a customer-centric approach, and a passion for sales and the Waterworks products.True to Waterworks roots, we value and cultivate long-standing relationships with our clients and our associates. We work in a highly collaborative, creative environment that values each associate’s contribution toward delivering beautiful, innovative, luxury products while providing superior customer service. We offer our associates training on all three brands under the Waterworks umbrella, career growth opportunities, competitive salaries, bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k.
- Drive sales effort on showroom floor by professionally greeting, qualifying and assisting clients
- Identify and cultivate relationships with clients through marketing outreach and relationship building
- Partner with Sales Consultants to represent furnishings product to clients to improve overall client loyalty
- Partner with clients with in home furnishings staging
- Responsible for the presentation and maintenance of merchandise in the showroom to uphold brand standards and maximize sales
- Perform stocking and inventory activities for all furnishings product by keeping both showroom and back of house to standards
- Assist in operational processes and maintain proper inventory levels at all times
- Year End inventory and Quarterly Fiscal Counts
- Assist in managing profit and loss responsibility within the showroom by focusing on service levels and maintaining and keeping inventory levels accurate
- Participate and lead team meetings focused around Furnishings collections to keep the sales team updated on new products and offerings
- Stay current on product range and competitors’ offerings to represent the brand and product accurately and confidently
- Keep all Furnishings related product references up to date at all times and assure all related materials bags, tissue, etc are kept in stock at all times
- Partner with GM and Corporate on market concerns, product request, and market assortment
- Model the Waterworks values within the showroom
- Other accountabilities as assigned in a high end luxury brand environment
- Motivated and driven approach to sales with the ability to listen and translate client needs into sales
- Attention to detail
- Track record of achieving or exceeding sales quotas
- Customer focused
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of plumbing/and or tile/surfaces a plus
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work most Saturday business hours
- Transportation for House calls and transport of product helpful
- Job Location
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Position Type
- Full-Time/Regular Contact email@example.com
Art Consulting Internship at Kevin Barry Fine Art Associates
Kevin Barry Fine Art Associates is a full-service art consulting company that offers a wide range of services. Our projects vary from large quantity hospitality packages to custom residential artwork. Outside of these ongoing projects, we are also a fully functioning fine art gallery.
Job Description: Our internship opportunity offers the right candidate experience in art consulting and gallery management. Due to our collaborative environment, you would be working with both our creative and administrative team and would report to the VP of Sales and the Director of Sales.
Duties would include:
- Assisting art consultants with building art packages such as pulling concept imagery and
coordinating with vendors
- Aiding the administrative team with maintaining our art and office inventory
- Excelling at customer service from attending to phone calls to greeting and assisting walk-in
- Helping maintain the appearance and organization of the gallery
- Organizing in-house shipments via FedEx and UPS
- Assisting the KBFAA team on an as-needed basis
- Experience in Microsoft Office is a must; any additional Photoshop or QuickBooks experience is a
plus but not required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain collected in a fast-paced environment;
attention to detail and thoroughness is a must
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and comfortable handling fine art delicately
- Self-direction and motivation so that you can work efficiently on your own with moderate
Location and Schedule: We are located in San Francisco’s SOMA district and we are willing to negotiate
your schedule based upon your availability.
How to Apply: Please e-mail a copy of your resume and any additional information you would like to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls about the position.
Admin Assistant for Michael Merrill Design Studio, Inc.
San Francisco, Ca
A San Francisco based high end interior design firm is looking for a motivated Admin Assistant. The firm specializes in designing detail-oriented residential projects in the Bay Area, and has earned a reputation for excellence in creating some of the most prestigious and exquisite spaces. They are looking for someone with strong organizational and communication skills. Their ideal candidate should be professional in appearance and manner, as they will be meeting with various potential clients on a regular basis.
- Assists principal with preparation of materials needed for correspondence, appointments, meetings, etc.
- Assist principal with entry of his time worked for billing purposes.
- Ensure priorities are accomplished and unplanned items are addressed appropriately, proactively follow up on action items and correspondence
- Run our pre-existing charitable giving marketing and business development program. Keep track of extremely detailed records
- Put together marketing materials for mailing
- Complete normal office admin duties such as answering phones, ordering supplies, etc.
- Well organized
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Energetic and Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to assemble, organize and maintain detailed records
- Exceptional follow up skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to independently juggle a variety of tasks
- Computer skills (MS Office). Graphic design is a plus but not required
- Solid grasp on all social media channels
Please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your specific experience and qualifications to email@example.com Local candidates only